Oracle PL/SQL Interview Questions/FAQs
1. What is the use of package/function/procedure?
2. What is the use of FORALL, BULK COLLECT in PL/SQL?
3. What is PL/SQL table (now PL/SQL tables are called Associative Arrays)?
PL/SQL table or associative array is an one-dimensional array.
An associative array is an unbounded set of key-value pairs. Each key is unique, and serves as the subscript of the element that holds the corresponding value.
4. How to compile procedure/package?
alter procedure upd_int compile;
alter package SCOTT.LOCA_SER compile;
5. What are differences between if and nullif?
6. What is the maximum number of triggers, can apply to a single table?
7. What are differences between decode and case?
8. What is fragma?
9. Want output in below format, salary in descending order and with serial numbers.
Empno empname Sal S.No
123 Satya 12000 1
345 Rajesh 10000 2
796 Prasad 9000 3
986 Bhanu 8000 4
select t1.*, rownum from (select empno, empname, sal from emp order by sal desc)t1 order by rownum;
10. What is the difference between function and procedure?
11. What is mutating of a trigger?
12. What are cursor attributes?
Cursor attributes are used to get information about the current status of cursor.
Both explicit and implicit cursors have four attributes:
• FOUND – It Returns TRUE if record was fetched successfully, FALSE otherwise
• NOTFOUND - Returns TRUE if record was not fetched successfully, FALSE otherwise.
• ROWCOUNT - Returns number of records fetched from cursor at that point in time.
• ISOPEN - Returns TRUE if cursor is open, FALSE otherwise.
Related Articles: Oracle Exadata Interview Questions/FAQs Oracle Data Guard Interview Questions/FAQs Oracle Export/Import - Data Pump Interview Questions/FAQs