Oracle DBA Interview Questions/FAQs Part1
1. What is an instance?
Memory/SGA + background processes.
2. What is SGA?
System/Shared Global Area.
3. What is PGA (or) what is pga_aggregate_target?
Programmable Global Area.
4. What are new memory parameters in Oracle 10g?
5. What are new memory parameters in Oracle 11g?
6. What are the mandatory background processes?
DBWR LGWR SMON PMON CKPT RECO.
7. What are the optional background processes?
ARCH, MMAN, MMNL, MMON, CTWR, ASMB, RBAL, ARBx etc.
8. What are the new background processes in Oracle 10g?
MMAN MMON MMNL CTWR ASMB RBAL ARBx
9. What are the new features in Oracle 9i?
10. What are the new features in Oracle 10g?
11. What are the new features in Oracle 11g?
12. What are the new features in Oracle 11g R2 (release 2)?
13. What are the new features in Oracle 12c?
14. What process will get data from datafiles to DB cache (Database buffer cache)?
15. What background process will writes data to datafiles?
16. What background process will write undo data?
17. What are physical components of Oracle database?
Oracle database is comprised of three types of files. One or more datafiles, two or more redo log files, and one or more control files. Password file and parameter file also come under physical components.
18. What are logical components of Oracle database?
Blocks, Extents, Segments, Tablespaces.
19. What is segment space management?
LMTS and DMTS.
20. What is extent management?
Auto and Manual.
21. What are the differences between LMTS and DMTS?
Tablespaces that record extent allocation in the dictionary are called dictionary managed tablespaces, and tablespaces that record extent allocation in the tablespace header are called locally managed tablespaces.
Related Articles: Oracle DBA Interview Questions/FAQs – Part2 Oracle DBA Interview Questions/FAQs – Part3 Oracle DBA Interview Questions/FAQs – Part4