Oracle DBA Interview Questions/FAQs Part4
61. What is the use of root.sh & oraInstRoot.sh?
Changes ownership & permissions of oraInventory
Creating oratab file in the /etc directory
In RAC, starts the clusterware stack
62. What is transportable tablespace (and across platforms)?
63. How can you transport tablespaces across platforms with different endian formats?
64. What is xtss (cross platform transportable tablespace)?
65. What is the difference between restore point & guaranteed restore point?
66. What is the difference between 10g/11g OEM Grid control and 12c Cloud control?
67. What are the components of Grid control?
OMS (Oracle Management Server)
OMR (Oracle Management Repository)
68. What are the new features of 12c Cloud control?
69. How to find if your Oracle database is 32 bit or 64 bit?
execute the command "file $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle", you should see output like /u01/db/bin/oracle: ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1
means you are on 64 bit oracle.
If your oracle is 32 bit you should see output like below
oracle: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1
70. How to find opatch Version ?
opatch is utility to apply database patch, In order to find opatch version execute"$ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/opatch version"