New features in Oracle Database 126.96.36.199
Released on October, 2016
SQL and PL/SQL:
- Starting with Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (12.2), we can truncate the return string of LISTAGG function, to fit within the maximum length supported for the return data type and display a truncation literal to indicate that the return value was truncated.
- In Oracle12c Release2 (12.2.0), maximum length of identifier names for most types of database objects has been increased to 128 bytes.
- When we create a tablespace, we can specify that all tables and indexes, or their partitions, created in a tablespace are compressed by default.
- During tablespace creation, we can specify the type of table compression using the DEFAULT keyword, followed by the table compression clause including the compression type. We can also specify the type of index compression using the DEFAULT keyword, followed by index compression clause and the index compression type.
AWR reports are now available on Active Data Guard (ADG) standby databases.
- In Release 1, we can have 252 pluggable databases per managed database instance. From Release 2 onwards, we can have 4096 pluggable databases per managed database instance.
- PDB Hot Cloning introduced.
- Application Containers is introduced.
New init parameters:
alter session set approx_for_aggregation = TRUE;
alter session set approx_for_count_distinct = TRUE;
New Views/Packages in Oracle 12c Release2:
Related Articles: What's New in Oracle 12c Release 1 What's New in Oracle 11g Release 2